Wednesday, November 23, 2011

highlights

some highlights from the past week:
  • saw another tayra! but this time, it was scrambling down a tree
  • birding at the canopy tower with Eushavia--saw black-headed parrots, scarlet macaws, blue dacni, white-throated toucan, etc
  • slept on the canopy tower (40 m tall) with Amelia, Eushavia, and Estéban...rough night
  • walked to the lake with Ellen and Eushavia, only to find the canoe swamped and out of comission--saw a cocoi heron and a bunch of hoatzins, a crimson crested woodpecker, golden mantled tamarins
  • playing soccer, ninja, and PDQ in the pouring rain (plus thunder and lightning!)
4 more full days in this special place!  sad, but also excited to move on!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm thankful for this adventure and the ones to come.  Even though I'm not with my family on my favorite holiday, I feel the love.  Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment