Saturday, October 29, 2011

happiness and a tremor!

My host brother (Mario) is currently in the US for work and play.  He drove through Chicago yesterday and met up with my parents!  And Sally was there too!  Of course, in true Tassie-fashion, about a million photos were taken of the event.  Here's one:


It make me so happy that my two lovely families are meeting.  And we will all meet again in December!


October 29, 2011 09:00: EARTHQUAKE!!

Actually, it was just a small tremor.  But it was enough to shake me up and scare me.  I was trying to fix the internet, and all of a sudden, it felt like the world just lifted me up and then dropped me.  I was like...What the...???!!!! A book fell off of my desk, and I stood under a door frame...is that what you're supposed to do?

After it was over (it only lasted a few seconds), I went to go see if María Elena was ok.  The phone began to ring off the hook: "Did you feel it?"  " Yes, how scary!  Are you ok?" "Yes we are fine, I'm going to call ____ now!"    I tried to call Alison, but the lines were all tied up and I couldn't get through for a few minutes...

But now the internet works!



I'm off to the rainforest  (near Yasuní Biosphere Reserve) for a month on Monday.  I'm going to try and post every week, but I don't expect to be able to upload any photos until I get back.  See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment