Wednesday, August 17, 2011

bienvenidos!

Yesterday I arrived in Quito! The journey was pretty smooth-just a delay in Miami (thank you afternoon thunderstorms).

I am here for a Tropical Ecology Program through Boston University, and I am one of two non-Boston U students on the program. Hopefully the conversations will shift away from BU-speak soon. There are 4 boys in a group of 12 students...we will see how this dynamic plays out!

My host mother is very sweet, and so is her husband. Yesterday, we talked a lot about their family here, and there are a lot of children and grandchildren who live close by. We also have a 6 month-old dog named Azucar (Sugar) who is a beagle and positively adorable!! I can't wait to play with her!

I started speaking in Spanish from the moment i arrived. I'm really going to make the most of this opportunity! According to my host family, my Spanish is quite good!

There's some orientation today at the program organizer's house, but beyond that, I have no idea what's going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment